Skip to main content

My experience of the learning process as a student collage


      I was a student majoring in literature in the English faculty of humanities at the state Islamic university Maulana Malik Ibrahim Malang. Now I will tell you about the course of my lecture starting from the first semester to three semesters.
      When I was 1st semester, I had so many things that I wanted to fulfill like :
- Following an organization that could accommodate me for critical thinking and to give me an in-depth understanding of the world of lectures.
-I want to improve my language skills. but unfortunately in the early days there were no speaking subjects. the last is to make a study group with classmates. this is slim on the advice of my lecturer. With the aim of teaching us to blend in more with other friends without looking at gender.
You could say that all of the above targets were achieved without any obstacles except number two.
      Continued, when I went up to the 2nd semester, I then made a new target again.
- First, I want to continue his number target from my target in the first semester, which is to improve my language skills by speaking in public. But in reality my courage to speak in public only took place in the class with 'speaking for daily conversation' courses only. And when making a presentation or just asking a question, it turns out that I still don't have enough creativity and finally makes me often doubtful about my own answers.
- Second, I have to read a lot of books that speak English and get a new vocabulary and understand the contents of the book. Initially this went smoothly for three to four days. But after that, it was forgotten because I was more focused on the organization. But then I realized that this way I should learn how to manage the time between learning and organization, and not always blaming other people for my target's failure this time. As a result, I have new lessons from an experience.
      In this semester, there are many obstacles. So you have to be patient. Including when I found out that my score dropped by two points due to my own mistakes which at that time really prioritized the organization more than my initial goal of (learning). And also because there are many activities whether it's organizational activities or ma'had activities. So next time I have to be more orderly and respectful of time.
      Went up to 3rd semester, for some reason there was a feeling of laziness in me. So this is arguably the biggest obstacle. So I finally decided, every time I felt lazy or almost desperate. I will call my mother and father so that I keep in mind my initial goal here and still have the spirit to learn. because according to my parents, "value is not how much, the most important thing is how our efforts and processes in learning."
      A few days before when guardianship with my lecturer guardian. He said that "we need the means to make products that can be seen by many people later." The point of guardianship at that time was that we were given the task of creating 15 blogs and vlogs each for us to improve our ability to write and improve our public speaking.
      We then make a commitment to publish the vlog and blog as often as once a week or at least once every two weeks if the lecturer is obstructed by the task.
This took place, and the limit for making vlogs and blogs was until the end of the 4th semester.
      Now I'm in the fourth semester. I hope that in this semester, I can realize some things that have been missed and study harder.



Emsa Anggy Puji Rahayu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 3rd Semester

My 3 rd Semester In the third semester, I felt very comfortable. My classmates are very friendly, so I'm not too difficult to adjust with them. They are also good and like to help each other in the lesson. When I did not understand about the lesson, I will ask and discuss it with my friend. In the third semester, I also just got to know the lesson called linguistic and literature. At first I had a hard time because I had not gotten a picture of the lesson. Then, I learned that linguistics was more focused on memorization, and literature focusing more on practice. In my opinion the most difficult lesson is grammar, because if we don't understand the lesson we will also have difficulties in writing, reading, and etc. Sometimes I have difficulties to divide time to study between one lesson and another. The reason is because sometimes I more focus on learning to lessons that I can't and other lessons are little disturbed. Therefore, in the next semester I will change

Dreams

Everyone has their own dreams that they want to reach. The dreams sometimes seem so high and sometimes so simply to realize it. Different people also has different ways to bring they dreams into reality. By having dreams we will know about our goal in life. So do I, I have a dream to continue my master degree in abroad, exactly in Australia. Therefore I follow some seminars in order that I know how to continue studying abroad. In seminar I get several tips to succeed getting scholarship abroad. Firstly, we must never give up and be brave to try many kinds of opportunities to go abroad, for instance student exchange or other event that make us go abroad. Although at first attempt we fail, we must try and try again until we get it. For example from my lecturer is when he was student of university he ever tried to follow student exchange until three times but unfortunately he is failed. Then when he had graduated from university he tried again to apply scholarship studying in abroad u

Several Ways To Be Healthy

Everyone wants to have a peaceful and happy life. However, you can not make it happen if you get sick, so you should to keep your healthy. There are several ways to be healthy. First step is eating the healthy foods. To be healthy, people should eat foods with balanced nutrition that the body needs. You are recommended to eat foods that contain carbohidrates, vegetables, fruits, side dishes and milk. Besides that,   you should eat on time and drink enough water. Second step is doing exercise regularly. You need to do exercise to maintain not only your body fitness but also your immune system. To do exercise, you do not have to do strenuous exercise for a long time. You can do simple things regularly in daily life such as going up steir instead of using elevator, walking and riding bicycle instead of riding motor vehicle, etc. The last step is having enough rest. Having enough rest is important to keep healthy. To rest optimally, people are recommended to sleep at least 8 hour